ORN Success Awards 2024
Making a Difference
The ORN Success Awards recognise and showcase the innovative and impactful ways members and associated organisations are addressing some of the most significant challenges facing the outdoor recreation sector.
This year’s Awards Ceremony
Date: Thursday 11th April at 19:30 – 22:00
Location: Glendalough Hotel, Glendalough, County Wicklow
This in-person event will, as part of our ‘Navigating Outdoor Recreation with Insights’ conference, welcome 120 guests where together we will recognise and celebrate the great work ORN members and associated organisations are doing to make a real difference.
The inaugural ORN Success Awards acknowledge innovation and impact in six separate awards categories as detailed below. These are linked to the themes of ORN Action Plan 2022-2025.
This year’s awards will recognise the work our members and associated organisations do across six main categories.
- Best practice for accessibility and inclusion
- Best example for tackling climate change
- Best example of sustainable outdoor recreation related tourism and visitor management
- Best project for improving greenspace and green infrastructure
- Best contribution towards transforming nature connection
- Best example of research making an impact
How to nominate your organisation for an Award?
The Awards are open to all ORN members and organisations attending the ‘Navigating Outdoor Recreation with Insights’ conference.
Organisations can submit one nomination for each Award.
PLEASE NOTE: You might like to draft your application separately, as this form can’t be saved and restarted.
Nominations should be submitted via this online form [https://forms.office.com/e/GQA6gg4s60]. The deadline for entries is Monday 18th March 2024 at 16:00.
Why submit a nomination for an Award?
Award winners will be recognised and celebrated for the great work they are doing in the sector. In particular, the six winning organisations will receive:
- A physical Award presented at the conference Gala dinner, in front of 120 guests.
- Positive PR and kudos for your organisation and project.
- A digital Award that can be shared via social platforms, email signatures and websites etc.
- Feature in the ORN ezine to showcase the project and why your organisation won.
Any enquiries on the Awards should be emailed to Elizabeth Annett (email@example.com).
Thank You Bridgette
As many ORN members know, Bridgette Hall MBE stepped down earlier this year from her role as ORN Co-Chair. Her successor James Nevitt along with our other Co-Chair Pippa Langford met up with Bridgette last week at Westonbirt Arboretum to handover thank you gifts from the ORN Executive Committee. This included a personalised OS Map of her local area and a very special cycling jersey signed by Chris Boardman (MBE)!
Let’s take a quick look back at some of Bridgette’s ORN achievements:
Bridgette’s earliest memories of ORN meetings go back to 2014 in Ireland for a seminar on Youth Participation in Outdoor Adventure and inland water recreation, hosted by Waterways Ireland. She became a regular member of the Management and then Executive Committee around the same time. Submitting an article for the ORN Journal on the management of mountain biking for the Autumn Journal in 2015 was a great success as the document received very high praise in hits and downloads.
Bridgette was Finance Officer from around 2015 to September 2018, before becoming Vice Chair and working with two Chairs before ORN moved to a Co-Chair model. She shared this Co-Chair role with Pippa for three years and steered the Network brilliantly through the pandemic.
Her highlights of working with ORN include:
- Working with brilliantly talented people from a range of organisations.
- Being inspired and stimulated by the wealth of experience and ideas that come from such a rich membership.
- Going to some wonderful places to keep developing my thinking and growing my skills around collaborative working.
- Finding new friends who continue to enrich my working life.
Wishing her all the best with future endeavours!
Subscribe to our E-Zine
Keep up to date with our upcoming conferences, seminars and publications by signing up to our e-newsletter.