Who We Are
ORN is a network which:
- covers the UK and the Republic of Ireland
- gives easy access to information on outdoor recreation and related matters
- reaches organisations and individuals in the public, private and voluntary sectors
- networks thousands of interested people
ORN is funded by a range of Government Departments, Agencies and other bodies who share an interest in outdoor recreation issues.
What We Do
The Network helps the work of Agencies and individuals in three areas:
To encourage co-operation between members in identifying and promoting the need for research related to outdoor recreation, to encourage joint ventures in undertaking research, and to disseminate information about members’ recreation programmes.
- Information Exchange and Liaison
To promote information exchange relating to countryside recreation, and to foster general debate about relevant trends and issues.
- Good Practice
To share information to develop best practice through training and professional development in provision for and management of outdoor recreation.